SEO Defined: Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of improving the visibility of a web site or a web page in search engines via the “natural” or un-paid (“organic” or “algorithmic”) search results.
Why SEO is important?
Search Engine Optimization gets you found on search engine by people searching for the information your writing about. When done correctly it will give you what seems like an “unfair advantage” over your competition.
In order to successfully Search Engine Optimize a piece of content online there are 3 key components that Google takes into consideration; Activity, Back-links, and Content.
The other search engines, Yahoo!, Bing, Ask, etc., also take these 3 components into consideration, but their algorithm is not the exact same as Google’s.
Activity is an aspect that was introduced into the Google SEO system within the last couple of years. This component of Search Engine Optimization is based on how much interaction is going on with your site.
Activities that Improve your SEO ranking:
When a guest to your website…
- hits the “Facebook share” or “Facebook Like” button.
- tweets the post to their friends.
- leaves a comment
- posts your article to a social bookmarketing site.
- The more activity on your site, the higher the site will rank on search engines.
- The logic is, if the visitors are sharing or commenting on the content of the site, it must be relevant to the topic at hand
Back-links or Link-backs are inbound links to a website or blog.
The number of backlinks is one indication of the popularity or importance of that website or page online.
You can receive back-links by…
- Posting Relevant information about a product in a Forum, and then linking to your aticle “for more details…”
- Writing or Rehashing Articles to EzArticles, PR Reports, and Squido. Link Back to your site.
- Having Others Re post your content to these sites.
- Listing your site’s url in your social media profiles, such as youtube, facebook and twitter. In fact having listings on these sites are starting to be “expected.”
- Be listed in Other’s Blogroll’s.
Create content that is relevant to your keywords, and site’s niche, and then use even more keywords in the text. Create content that you are passionate about, would even write about, on one of your best days. Use the long hand form of Nouns, don’t shorten them.
For example if you wanted to write a post that piggybacked the traffic of Tony Robbins, whenever speaking about Tony Robbins, you should use his full name, and not just “he.” The more times you were to use the name, “Tony Robbins.” the more the content would SEO for his name. If you are a success coach and wanted to have your blog show up keyworded to Tony Robbins, you should write sentences like this one: “Tony Robins is a success and life coach who helps people achieve personal breakthroughs in their life and business.”
Remember: Your content should be passionate, relevant and valuable to your reader. It’s not just about doing a sales pitch.
A + B + C = SEO!
- Bonus Tip #1 – Use WordPress plugins that benifit SEO.
- Bonus Tip #2 – Would you like to know if Google Loves WordPress blogs for business? This 45 minute video will explain exactly what Google looks for when ranking a website: