When you’re working on a blog post, do you have a headline in mind?
I think we all know the stats – scary stats – that people decide to stay on a webpage, or read an article or email, by what the headline says to them, and then they may or may not scan the first paragraph.
They are on the page for just a few seconds, 8 seconds, before they decide whether or not to read on.
The first thing they read is the headline.
I believe in our fantastic Kalatu blog, there are suggested headlines, but here are some that I’ve had for a while, from the marketer, Chris Garrett.
There is a whole science behind it all, but if you’re pushed for time or inspiration, these 10 suggested ‘formulas’ may just help.
To get you started creating compelling headlines, use the following “fill in the
blanks” headline formulas.
1. Do You Make These ________ Mistakes?
2. The Secrets of ___________
3. What ______ Can Teach Us About ________
4. Everything You Know About _____ Is Wrong.
5. How _______ Made _____ and You Can Too!
6. If You ________, You Can ___________
7. Finally, No More _______
8. At Last! _________
9. Learn How Millions of ______ ________
10. How to Get More/Better/Cheaper _______
I hope they help you.